Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SSC Sneak Peeks



Via a French flickr account, I've discovered the aged-up versions of Peppermint Fizz and Apple Dumpling. Of course, I knew that we'd see Peppermint Fizz's new look in the upcoming DVD (coming out August 12, I believe), and I'd already sorta seen Apple Dumpling's from a sticker book I got a little bit ago, although that was her drawn style and not animation style.
All in all, I like Peppermint Fizz's new style. I was a little worried about what they'd do to her, but I think the long ponytail suits her, and I like the little-brim style hat for her. As for Apple Dumpling, I don't really have anything to say about her, but at least her aged-up style is consistent with her look from "Baby Takes the Cake" on the Cooking Up Fun DVD (except for the pigtails, but personally, keeping her entire look from that ep would have made her look too old).

3 comments:

Prudie said...

I also like Peppermint's ponytail. It looks better animated than it does in the drawn version, at that, and it suits her.

On the other hand, I find that Apple now looks strange.

Anonymous said...

Hm, they don't seem to match Strawberry Shortcake... Since Strawberry's werain' a dress and stocking, cute kiddie things, and they look more teen-like.

I like them though ^^

The Zany Bishojo Evalana said...

No, these aren't for the 2009 version, they're for the DiC animation that's still coming out.