Wednesday, March 4, 2009

National Crochet Month

I recently learned that March is National Crochet Month, so I thought I'd show off some of the things I've crocheted since last May, when I started to crochet seriously (as you may recall, I tried to get going in 2002 and 2006, but it didn't really take until last year).

These first four are all made from patterns in Get Hooked Again:

A sunglasses case, right when I needed one most.

A bag intended to hold WIPs.  I had a lot of fun making the individual pieces, even if it didn't come together that well.


  
Of course, a case to hold my hooks.  The pattern really included crocheted flowers on the outside, but they came out looking funny, so I just left them off.

A scarf made from two different yarns, since I ran out of one halfway through (or rather, it became the halfway point when I ran out.  I like the effect, though.

This bag is from a pattern in Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker.  Despite the unfortunate name, it has a lot of interesting patterns in it.  I didn't starch the straps, so they got all stretched out.

This is from a Bernat pattern that I got off their website.  Nice and fluffy.

Here my husband is modeling a toque I made for him for Christmas.  The pattern is from Not Your Mama's Crochet, but I think it's wrong, because even though I went up two hook sizes, the finished product is way small, unlike the one on the guy in the picture in the book.

This one isn't actually finished yet.  It's a shawl from a pattern sheet I got at Michael's, and all it needs is the fringe to be complete.

Just a couple of coasters I whipped up the other day while watching a movie.

No comments: