Friday, April 2, 2010

Writing Meme - Day Two

I really don't think I could count the characters I've come with over the years. I tend to make more female characters than male, which is probably because I'm a girl. I do on occasion follow the tropes, though, as my most recent character, Mona, suddenly gained three best friends both so that they could be her Girl Posse when they were younger, and so they'd fit the Four Girl Ensemble, not because she needed them for the plot.
Early on, I had to deliberately create male characters, i.e. they were usually the significant others for my main characters. Which is sort of the opposite of what tends to go on in most media, since Most Writers Are Male. But these days I'm better about making a more even mix of characters, though still slightly on the more-likely-to-be-female side.

No comments: