Monday, May 17, 2010

Coming Soon: The Hub

A few months ago, Hasbro announced that it and Discovery were creating a new TV channel, and recently, more definitive news has begun to leak out.  The channel is called The Hub and is launching on October 10th, but what is most relevant to my post here is that one of the announced shows is the new My Little Pony series, subtitled "Friendship is Magic."  I wasn't really going to post just for that, although I have heard that according to show runner Lauren Faust, the series will have villains and boy ponies, which has caused most of the older fans to rejoice.
The real reason I'm posting, though, is one of my readers sent me an e-mail to let me know about the channel, and included some info that's not in the article I linked, such as the channel's programming starting at 1 PM Pacific time (4 PM Eastern), and other programs including R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour, a new version of Pound Puppies, and the CG Strawberry Shortcake, which I am assuming is Berry Bitty Adventures.  I don't know where the reader got this info, or how much of it is true, but I figured I'd pass it along.
Update: Here's an article that talks about the previously unmentioned shows, and yes, the Strawberry Shortcake series is Berry Bitty Adventures.  Also, Maryoku Yummy finally has a home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad I could be of help. Here's a quick update. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/4/7/1/tfprime_1276108689.jpg The hub has a new advertising pic showing off some of the characters.

Included are a full pic of the new My Little Pony's look. Also those dogs at the bottom are apparantly the Pound Puppies.