Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Old School SSC Record

Somebody awesome posted a couple of songs from the 1980's Strawberry Shortcake picture record that I remember having as a kid (and it's probably still in my parent's house somewhere).  It's been years since I last listened to this record, so hearing these songs brought back a lot of nostalgia for me.  From what I recall, the story of the record followed Strawberry and her friends as they set off for a picnic, only to find that the picnic basket was lost somewhere on the trip.  So they retrace their steps while singing public domain songs that fit whatever setting they're in, eventually spotting the basket on Strawberry's front porch.

The opening song, "Strawberryland":


The first side two song, "You're One in a Million":

This song was also reprised by Strawberry at the end of the record.

No comments: